2017 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE AGENCIES VANCOUVER OPEN
$65,000 in CASH & PRIZES*
September 22-24, 2017
Northview Golf & Country Club
- Amateurs: There is no cut for Amateur Golfers. All Amateurs will play the final round.
- Professionals: Top 60% +ties of the pro field will make the 36-hole cut (36+ties if a full field of 48 pros). The top 40% of Professionals in the field will be paid.
- Entry Deadline: Friday, Sept.15th, 2017 @ 6pm or when event is full
- Full Field: 168 golfers (120 amateurs; 48 Pros)
- Pro Purse: $35,000* (First Place: $10,000*)
Amateur Prizing: $30,000**
- Total of 16 Gross & 16 Net Prizes!!
- Overall Gross & Overall Net Champion
- Top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores in three (3) amateur flights
- Flights will be determined as close to 33% of the field size for each flight
*Based on Full Field of 168 players. $30,000 Open Purse + $5,000 Pro-Am Purse
**Based on a full field of amateurs in both the Pro-am and 54-Hole Championship
54-Hole Championship Entry Fees
- VGT Majors Member: $450 + GST
- PGA Carded Professional: $500 + GST
- VGT Regular Series Member: $500 + GST
- Non-carded Pros: $550 + GST
- VGT Members: $325 + GST
- Non-Members: $350 + GST
- Monday, Sept.18th – Practice Rounds
- Tuesday, Sept 19th – Practice Rounds
- Wednesday, Sept. 20th – MAUI JIM Charity Pro-Am @ Northview Ridge Course
Benefitting the First Tee of Greater Vancouver YMCA
- 10:30am – Pro-Am registration & practice tee opens
- 11:00am – Bagged lunches available for all Pro-Am players
- 12:00pm – Shotgun Start – VAN OPEN CHARITY PRO-AM Presented by MAUI JIM Sunglasses
- 6:00pm – COCKTAILS & REFRESHMENTS & JOHNSTON MEIER $1MILLION SHOOT-OUT!!
- 7:00pm – Buffet Dinner, Silent Auction & Prizing
- Thursday, Sept. 21st – Practice Rounds
- Friday, Sept. 22nd – ROUND ONE – Northview RIDGE Course
- Morning Wave: 7:30am – 9:20am (1st and 10th tees)
- Afternoon Wave: 12:20pm – 2:00pm start (1st & 10th tees)
- Saturday, Sept.23rd – ROUND TWO – Northview CANAL Course
- Morning Wave: 7:30am-9:20am (1st and 10th tees)
- Afternoon Wave: 12:20pm-2:00pm start (1st & 10th tees)
- Sunday, Sept.24th – FINAL ROUND @ Northview RIDGE Course
- Morning Wave: 7:30am-9:10am (1st and 10th tees)
- Afternoon Wave: 12:00pm-1:40pm start (1st & 10th tees)
Tee-times for Championship Amateurs and Professionals will be determined by true gross scores (not within flight) so Amateurs may play in the final groups if they are in position to win the tournament. The top 5 Gross in each flight will be guaranteed a PM tee time on day 2 to allow them to be a part of the prize presentations.
Professional Exemption List
The following players have their entries secured in the field until September4th, 2017. All exempt players must confirm entry fee payment by 6pm PST on Sept.4th for their entries to be confirmed. After such a time, the field will be open to all players who have registered with payment on a first come, first paid basis.
Category 1: Past Champions
2007: Phil Jonas
2008: Luke Bogdan
2009: Bryn Parry
2010: Adam Hadwin
2011: Adam Hadwin
2013: Chris Epperson
2014: Adam Cornelson
2015: Brad Clapp
2016: Adam Hadwin
Category 2: Top 30 VGT Members on the 2017 SRIXON / CLEVELAND Professional Order of Merit as of Aug.1st
Category 3: Committee Exemptions. (4 exemption spots). Please email your request for an invitation to email@example.com. If you have not played on the VGT prior to this year, please provide your playing resume in the email, attention 2017 Vancouver Open Committee.
Category 4: Open Positions. There are a minimum of 10 ‘OPEN’ spots available in the Vancouver Open for non-exempt Professionals based on a first come, first paid registration basis.
Any non-exempt player who pays for their entry and does not gain entry into the field, they will have their entry refunded in full.
If the field is not full by 6pm on Sept.4th with exempt players and past champions, non-exempt players will be accepted into the tournament in the order of their entry fee payment being received.
If the field is full with 48 Pros, but not full with 120 Amateurs by the deadline of Sept.17th (and if we have additional Professionals on the wait list beyond 48), we will fill the event with all remaining Pros on the wait list.
Amateur Exemption List
All amateurs who played in the 2016 Vancouver Open will have the opportunity to enter the event with priority until Sept.4th, 2017. After such a time, the field will be filled with those players who have registered with payment on a first come, first paid basis. Amateurs who did not play the 2016 Vancouver Open are recommended to register early for the best opportunity to play in the event. If a player who enters with payment does not gain entry they will have their entries refunded in full.
The 54-Hole Championship includes:
- Official World Amateur Golf Ranking Points
- $60 in Premier welcome gifts
- Bagged Lunch provided each day you compete in tournament (sandwich, drink, apple, cookie/snackbar)
- Guaranteed 54-holes of golf at Northview for All Amateurs
- 2 rounds on Ridge Course (round 1 & 3)
- 1 round on Canal Course (round 2)
- Live Leaderboard screens on course & on VGT and Van Open Websites
- Practice round rate (10% off posted rate the week before and week of Van Open)
- Driving range warm-up all 3 tournament rounds
- Over $15,000 in Premier Amateur Prizing & Tee-gifts:
- Overall Low Gross & Overall Low Net Champion ($1,000 prize value/each)
- Top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net scores in each flight win prizes (30 prizes)
- KP and Hole-in-one prizes each day
- Premier Trophies for Overall Gross and Overall Net Winners
- Premier Awards for Gross & Net Flight Winners
Entry Deadline: Friday, Sept.15th, 2017 at 6pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Tournament Withdrawal Policy
- All Players must provide at least 5 days notice at 6pm PST to qualify for a full refund of their entry.
- All non-members must confirm their withdrawal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ALL members must withdraw through Golf Genius Member’s section or with an email to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Players who provide less than 5 days notice for their withdrawal but more than 72 hours notice will qualify for a refund less $100 + GST admin fee.
- Players who do not provide 72 hours notice of their withdrawal will forfeit their full entry fee.
- Players who register for any VGT Major (including the Vancouver Open) and subsequently qualify for a Mackenzie Tour, Web.com Tour or PGA Tour event (that conflicts with the VGT Major they are registered for) will have their entry fees fully refunded as long as VGT is notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org more than 72 hours in advance and a player receives confirmation of this email.
- Failure to notify VGT more than 72 hours in advance will result in the normal withdrawal policy applying above.
NOTE: All penalties must be paid in full before their registration is accepted for any future VGT events.
- All Vancouver Open Contestants are asked to call the Northview Golf Shop at 604-576-4653 to arrange for practice round availability.
- PGA Professionals that bring a minimum of 2 green-fee guests on a weekday will be offered a complimentary round of golf. Their guests will be given a 10% off the posted green fee rate.
- Non-carded Professionals or PGA Professionals unaccompanied by green fee players will be offered a $35 green fee rate the week before (M-F) and week of the Vancouver Open (M-T,Th).
- Amateur practice round rates: 10% off posted green fee rates the week before and week of the Vancouver Open.
- All players must show proof of 2017 Vancouver Open entry to qualify for these practice round rates.
2016 Vancouver Open Champion: Adam Hadwin (-7)